But you all can let me know when you turned arghhh 33, you went through some mid-life crisis too? Okay so I cut short short little girl bangs and got my lip pierced, very stylish and cute I think, others may not. Or maybe I was going for a younger than 33 look haha. (off on a side note) there is this 65+ year old grandma in swimming exercise class with us that has tattoos covering her arms and back, I always giggle and just want to know what kind of fun life she's lived? Know what I mean?
Well, maybe because my birthday was so ho hum and I guess as you get older you just don't seem as young and vibrant anymore that it almost doesn't matter. And I didn't really care but as I look back now, how depressing! Why didn't I care, why am I caring now? Is it too late to care?
Did some of your family forget about your birthday altogether cause it snuck up on them too or they didn't have time to tell you so they hurried up to txt you at 11:59pm?
Realism people, life is so busy, fast paced, that I know this has happen to lots of people not just me. We all can't have all our family around and make our friends take work off, so this is it. Well, I guess I'll take that instead of nothing.
I am seriously going out for drinks with myself since I can't think of anyone I can call up and sheepishly make a party for myself, unless you want to come? Let me know if you want to set up a date with me to celebrate a forgotten birthday? I know it hurts, I plan on doing this soon, so let's get to it, I ain't getting any younger!
2 comments:
Hey Melissa!
Sorry we totally forgot it was your birthday until you told us. I still feel bad about that. Honestly, I didn't get my 2010 calendar until a few days after your birthday and I had your birthday printed on that new calendar. Anyway, I'd celebrate your late b-day party with you if we lived closer.
Also, I have noticed that all adult birthdays are as much fun as my childhood b-days. However, they have been more fun since Mathias can understand a birthday. He gets soooo excited about my birthday, that it makes me excited. For my last birthday we did something that the boys would enjoy. I'm the happiest when I see my kids happy, so it was a good way to celebrate.
Finally, it's a good idea to mention to people that your birthday is coming up. This way you aren't setting yourself up for failure. I usually tell my close friends when my birthday is. They usually suggest going out to lunch or something.
Love ya!
Val
So I want to see a picture of the new younger you! ;) And I got your card! Thank YOU! I miss you too!
And it is poop and farts with bursts of laughter at my house as well. So don't worry 1) you are not alone and 2) your children do not have mental issues! :) Hahahahaha Love yoU!
Post a Comment