So back around the first of February my little man and I went on our first date night. We went to The HART Theater in Hillsboro to see The Bird with the Golden Feathers. Where his Preschool teacher's son was performing in the play. She is here in the photos with us. He love's his teacher so much and we have gotten to know her quite well.
I love supporting these small venues. There is just something special and different in compairing this community play with child actors as young as 7, to the big broadway production of Thomas the Train that we saw last summer.
My big guy was a real trooper and made it all the way through the play- until 10 o'clock. Sure he didn't understand that much, and I had alot of explaining to do. It was so wonderful to see his little wheels turning, and thinking up question after question until he was satisfied with the answer. At this age comes complete honesty, and even some of the opposite. He was upset about some of the mean characters in the play. And very honest about how he felt about them. Over all he was very amused, and I think we will see a musical next. I feel it's good exposure to get my little guys out into the "real" world as much as I can at such a young age. I think it generates deep questions, and thoughts which lead to loads of imagination. Which is what I truly feel children lack so much of because they have TV and Movies to do it for them. To experience different cultures and the Arts is something I hope my boys will always embrace...

2 comments:
How fun! I'm glad you were Thien's first date.
You look absolutely beautiful! I miss you!
Post a Comment